The Science skill affects your hacking abilities on terminals. There are 5 difficulty settings on terminals which each require a certain level of science skill, they are:
- Very Easy (15)
- Easy (25)
- Average (50)
- Hard (75)
- Very Hard (100)
Having a high Science skill will make it much easier to hack Very Easy, Easy and Average terminals, there will be less words on the screen and more brackets to help you remove duds. Hard and Very Hard terminals will have much longer words than the lower difficulties making it much harder to break down. Your Science level will increase depending on your Intelligence, each Intelligence level will increase your Science skill by +2.
 Perks that require Science skill
- Computer Whiz - Level 18, Science 70.
- Cyborg - Level 14, Science 60.
- Entomologist - Level 4, Science 40.
- Nerd Rage! - Level 10, Science 50.
- Robotics Expert - Level 12, Science 50.
 Increasing Science skill
- Daddy's Boy/Girl - Increases Science by +5
- Science Bobblehead - Science +10
- Big Book of Science - Each book increases Science by +1 (+2 if you have the Comprehension perk)
|Fallout 3 Skills|
|• Barter • Big Guns • Energy Weapons • Lockpick • Medicine • Melee Weapons • Repair • Science • Small Guns • Sneak • Speech • Unarmed •|