For the hub, see Hub:Fallout: New Vegas
|Fallout: New Vegas|
|Release Date|| |
Fallout: New Vegas is the next installment in the Fallout series. The game is developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Bethesda Softworks. Obsidian Entertainment has some of the staff who worked on Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, however, New Vegas is not a direct sequel to any of the previous Fallout games. It uses the same engine and gameplay design as Fallout 3 and takes place in post apocalyptic Las Vegas.
Fallout: New Vegas was released in the Fall of 2010. It is available on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Fallout: New Vegas takes place in a post apocalyptic Las Vegas. On October 23rd 2077, the Great War between China and America reached it's peak when both countries launched nuclear missiles, plunging the entire planet into chaos and destruction. Unlike other major U.S cities such as Washington DC, New Vegas avoided being directly hit by the bombs. However, the people and creatures in the city still suffer from varying levels of radiation and mutation.
Fallout: New Vegas is not a direct sequel to any previous Fallout games, however parts of the story will relate to Fallout 1 and 2. There has been no mention of anything related to Fallout 3. It takes place in 2280, three years after the events of Fallout 3.
The story follows and character known only as the Courier, who was carrying a parcel across the Mojave desert. He was left for dead in a shallow grave when he was discovered and rescued by a friendly Securitron called Victor, and healed by Doctor Mitchell.
These features may change before the release of the game.
- Bethesda have revealed that New Vegas & Fallout 3 have no ties.
- New Vegas isn't as affected by radiation and nukes than Washington D.C, so there will be more intact buildings, as well as vegetation.
- A new Hardcore Mode will be introduced, where the Courier will have to drink water to avoid dehydration, ammunition has weight and healing isn't instant, it happens over time.
- Special moves for V.A.T.S are introduced, such as golf clubs having "Fore!"
- A reputation system has been introduced.
- There will be more varieties of Super Mutants, such as intelligent and different colored super mutants. For example, in one screenshot a super mutant can be seen with love-heart shaped glasses and a blond wig.
The first teaser trailer for Fallout: New vegas was released on February 4, 2010.
 E3 Live
The live recordings of the demo at E3.
 Limited Collectors Edition
Fallout: New Vegas is also available as a Limited Collectors Edition, which includes:
- 7 Casino Chips based on casinos in New Vegas
- A 'Lucky 38' Platinum Chip
- A deck of cards with New Vegas related images of characters
- Graphic Novel 'All Roads', about events preceding the game
- Making of Fallout: New Vegas DVD
 Preorder Bonuses
The following bonuses can be found exclusive to a different store in each continent. To obtain them, they must be pre-ordered from each store.  They can be obtained by preordering either a standard edition or Collector's Edition.
Available from EB Games in Australia and Gamestop in North America.
- Tribal Raiding Armour
- High Damage Broad Machete
- 5 Doses of Bleak Venom
- 10 Throwing Spears
Available from an order at Amazon.
- Lightweight Leather Armour
- Caravan Shotgun
- 4 Repair Kits
Available from Walmart in North America, Game in Australia and online at Steam worldwide.
Available at Best Buy in North America and JB Hi-Fi in Australia.
|Main Fallout Series|
|Fallout 1 • Fallout 2 • Fallout 3|
|Fallout 3 DLC|
|Operation: Anchorage • The Pitt • Broken Steel • Point Lookout • Mothership Zeta|
|Fallout: New Vegas DLC|
|Dead Money •|
|Spinoff Fallout Series|
|Fallout Tactics • Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel • Fallout: New Vegas • Project V13 • Van Buren|