Chinese Assault Rifle
|Chinese Assault Rifle|
|Ammo Type||5.56mm Rounds|
The Chinese Assault Rifle is a Small Guns weapon in Fallout 3 and is better than the standard Assault Rifle. In real life it is called the Chinese type 56. It was a modified version of the legendary AK-47, designed for power and ammo capacity. However, the extra magazine capacity in Fallout 3 is with the Xuanlong Assault Rifle. This just deals more damage.
If you find the weapon, keep it. It's recommended you hold on to it as it comes in handy for everyday wasteland purposes or for commercial value;
In the Fallout 3 Add-on: Operation: Anchorage, they are reskinned, giving a brown grip and black metal. You can aquire two of them within the beginning of the Add-On. It is possible to aquire more of them by using the Paralyzing Palm Perk to take their ammo, then doing it again to take the gun after they resort to their fists or another weapon. By use of the Gary 23 glitch, it is possible to have a simulation verison of the Chinese Assault Rifle, that has a maximum of 103 damage.
 Economics of Violence
Main Article: Economics of Violence
You can trade 20 of them with the shopkeeper of Lock and Load in Paradise Falls for an increased product range in this unmarked quest.
The rifle is found on many characters such as Lucas Simms (sheriff of Megaton), Jericho (Negative karma follower in Megaton), and even Dave (leader of the Republic of Dave). It is also found on many Super Mutant Masters in DC.
Chinese Assault Rifles can be found in several different locations.
- Several can be found in the Capitol Building.
- 2 are available from Flak and Shrapnel's store in the Rivet City.
- At least 4 can be gotten from killing slavers in the quest Head of State.
- There are 3 available in the Armoury in Megaton.
- Several can be found in Fort Bannister from Talon Company Mercenaries.
- There are several to be obtained from killing Chinese Remnants in Mama Dolce's Food Processing Plant.
- There is one in the Mueseum of Dave, in the Republic of Dave along with a chinese officers sword and a chinese pistol. Taking these will result in Karma loss and it will be counted as stealing.
- DC Ruins - Travelling through the DC ruins will be Super mutants, and where there are super mutants, there are super mutant masters. If you travel the whole metro system in one go, you will end up farming chinese assualt rifles. Note - Dont rely on super mutant masters always having C.A.R, they could also have Super Sleges. Do this every 3 days, and you will have countless amounts in no-time, great for doing the lock and load inventory quest in Paradise Falls.
Related ThreadsGetting Sim Chinese Assault Rifle (O:A) - last post by @ Dec 14, 2010
Exploit: Unlimited Chinese Assault Rifles - last post by Resilience @ Jun 13, 2010
Good place to find Chinese Assault Rifles - last post by @ Dec 29, 2008
Chinese assault rifles - last post by @ Nov 10, 2008
Chinese Assault Rifles(AK-47) - last post by Resilience @ Jan 1, 2010