Fallout: New Vegas
(Difference between revisions)
m (Added Upcoming template)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 00:14, 25 April 2010
|Fallout: New Vegas|
|Release Date|| |
Fallout: New Vegas will be the next installment in the Fallout series. The game will be developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Bethesda Softworks. Obsidian Entertainment has some of the staff who worked on Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, however, New Vegas is not a direct sequel to any of the previous Fallout games. It will use the same engine and gameplay design as Fallout 3 and will take place in post apocalyptic Las Vegas.
Fallout: New Vegas is scheduled for release in the Fall of 2010. It will be available on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Fallout: New Vegas will take place a post apocalyptic Las Vegas. On October 23rd 2077, the Great War between China and America reached it's peak when both countries launched nuclear missiles, plunging the entire planet into chaos and destruction. Unlike other major U.S cities such as Washington DC, New Vegas avoided being directly hit by the bombs. However, the people and creatures in the city still suffer from the high levels of radiation and mutation.
Fallout: New Vegas is not a direct sequel to any previous Fallout games, however parts of the story will relate to Fallout 1 and 2. There has been no mention of anything related to Fallout 3. It takes place in 2280, three years after the events of Fallout 3.
The story follows and character known only as the Courier, who was carrying a parcel across the Mojave desert. He was left for dead in a shallow grave when he was discovered and rescued by a friendly TV Robot called Victor, and healed by Doctor Mitchell.
These features may change before the release of the game.
- Bethesda have revealed that New Vegas & Fallout 3 have no ties.
- New Vegas isn't as affected by radiation and nukes than Washington D.C, so there will be more intact buildings, as well as vegetation.
- A new 'Hardcore' mode will be introduced, where the Courier will have to drink water to avoid dehydration, ammunition has weight and healing isn't instant, it happens over time.
- Special moves for V.A.T.S are introduced, such as golf clubs having "Fore!"
- A reputation system has been introduced.
- There will be more varieties of Super Mutants, such as intelligent and different coloured super mutants. For example, in one screenshot a super mutant can be seen with love-heart shaped glasses and a blonde wig.
The first teaser trailer for Fallout: New vegas was released on February 4, 2010.
Related Threadsnew dlc for new vegas - last post by @ Jun 27, 2011
Escapist: Huge New Vegas Interview [Possible Spoilers] - last post by @ May 4, 2010
Ausir's New Vegas Insider Scoop - last post by @ Aug 26, 2010
Obsidian pitches Fallout: New Vegas 2 - last post by @ Mar 3, 2013
Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition coming to the UK! - last post by @ Oct 10, 2010
This page has been accessed 35,913 times.